Hello friends and fellow book lovers! It’s Sunday and that means a tag on mylifeasasportsfangirl! This week, I’ll be doing a tag I should’ve done months ago (My bad!), but let’s get into it.
This is the Book Blogger test and I was tagged by the lovely Bella of bellablogsbecausebooks. I love her blog and she’s such a sweet person so check her out if you haven’t already.
1. Thank the person who nominated you and add a link to their blog
2. Answer the ten questions asked on this post
3. Nominate at least five people to do it also
4. Let your nominees know you nominated them
Top 3 Book Pet Peeves
- Annoying teenage main characters. Oh my gosh if there’s one way to annoy me, it’s having a teenage MC who is a complete brat, is rude to their parents or acts as if everything bad only happens to them. It’s really offputting and makes me want to punch the book or the character or both.
- Extremely long waits between books. I’m sure everyone else can relate to this one, but I hate when you’ve finished reading a book and it has a huge cliffhanger and all you want is to read the next book. Then you have to wait like months or maybe even years for the next one. Like, get it together, author!
- A great book with a bad ending. I hate when you’re reading a really good book and it’s basically 5-stars. You’re all set and then the ending happens so you’re left in this weird limbo. I can think of a handful of books I would’ve given 5-stars if it weren’t for the terrible ending.
Perfect Reading Spot:
I know a lot of people might say their bed, but I love reading on the couch. For me at least, I can’t read in bed. Before I know it, I’m asleep and drooling all over my book so I always love reading on the couch.
Three Reading Confessions:
- I’ve never listened to an audiobook. Personally, I’m someone who loves to read what’s on a page or a screen rather than hear it. Maybe one day, I’ll give it a try. For now, I’m content with just reading my ebook/physical book.
- Before 2017, I can’t remember the last time I read for fun. I got out of reading for pleasure during college and I feel like I have a lot of catching up to do. Probably why I have a never-ending TBR lol.
- Even though I was an English major in college, there are so many classics I either haven’t read or ones I don’t ever want to read. I know a lot of English majors are known for loving classic lit, but I’m not one of them 😛
Last Time I Cried During A Book:
I’m a crier. I always have been and I always will be. It’s no different with books, either but the last book I cried at was Pink and Say. It’s a children’s book about the Civil War and it had such a huge impact on me. I couldn’t help but shed some tears when the end finally came.
Number of books on my bedside table:
I don’t have a bedside table unless you count the little plastic drawers I have beside my bed. I don’t keep books there, I usually keep them on my desk so they don’t get ruined by my drink or snacks.
Favorite reading snack:
I love snacks so I’ll snack on anything while I’m reading.
Three books I’d recommend to anyone:
- The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas. Um do I even need to say why? This book is just incredible and should be necessary reading for anyone and everyone out there.
- The Smell of Other People’s Houses by Bonnie-Sue Hitchcock. This book is so good, not only because of the writing but the attention to detail and the author’s love for Alaska. It’s also an incredibly compelling story, too.
- Talking as Fast as I Can by Lauren Graham. This book was so much more than a memoir and included a lot of helpful hints and advice I’m sure a lot of people could benefit from.
A picture of my bookshelves:
Ummm…pass! Right now, my bookshelves are a work in progress so I’ll eventually share them but not today.
How much do books mean to me?
Books mean a lot to me and are a lot of different things to me. They’re a way to escape, a way to have fun, a way to pass time and just a way to learn more. Even though I just started reading again in 2017, I know I won’t fall off of reading again.
Biggest reading secret:
Sometimes I don’t buy books, I download them. I know it’s bad, but I can’t help myself sometimes!
I’d just like to give a shout-out to all these ladies above and say I truly do enjoy all of you, your blogs and your personalities. I’m happy to consider all of you my friends (even if you don’t! Lol :P)